• Numerous guests from politics and business congratulate the Burgenland showcase company
• For 15 years, PET to PET has been continuously expanding its facilities and optimising its recycling process
• Over 1 billion or 30,000 tonnes of PET bottles are recycled annually
• 325,000 tonnes of PET material successfully kept in the resource cycle since commissioning in 2007
• 15,131 tons of PET beverage bottles were successfully returned to the resource cycle in the first half of the year - an increase of 5.3% compared to pre-crisis levels
• The average recyclate content of beverage bottles used in Austria at well over 30% is already far above the European target value for 2030
• Site expansion revealed exciting archaeological finds from the Bronze Age
• PET to PET management expanded - Thomas Billes is the new CFO
Müllendorf, 06.08.2021 - PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH has drawn up a successful interim balance for the year 2021: 14,048 tonnes of high-quality PET beverage bottles were kept in the resource cycle - despite difficult conditions caused by the Corona pandemic. An increase in production is also expected for the second half of the year. Therefore, the showcase company continues to invest in optimising the plant and already plans the next expansion steps.
Annual balance 2020: PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH can look back on its most successful year to date. More than 28,000 tonnes of PET material - equivalent to around 1.13 billion PET bottles - were used to produce valuable secondary raw material for new PET containers. This represents a further increase of 7.3 % compared to 2020.
PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH can look back on its most successful year to date: in 2019, more than 26,300 tonnes of PET material - equivalent to around 1.1 billion PET bottles - was used to produce valuable secondary raw material for new PET containers. This represents a further increase of 3% compared to 2018.
While all of Europe is currently discussing the circular economy, it has been successfully implemented in Austria for over ten years now. In 2018, PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH in Burgenland is reporting a new record: in total, more than one billion PET bottles - that is more than 25,400 tonnes of PET material - were used to produce valuable secondary raw material for new PET bottles. This represents an increase of 9% compared to 2017.
• Increase of 7% compared to the first half of 2017
• Over 12,500 tonnes of PET material maintained in the resource cycle
• Burgenland Pet to Pet Recycling Austria GmbH as Best Practice of a functioning recycling economy
PET to PET Recycling Austria GmbH can look back on its most successful year so far: Thanks to sustainable investments and ongoing process optimization, the Austrian flagship company has set a new recycling record in its tenth year of existence. 23,300 tonnes of PET material and 930 million PET bottles could be fed back into the sustainable resource cycle. This represents an increase of 6 % over the previous year.