In 2008 more than 25,000 tonnes of PET materials from over one billion PET bottles were reused. SchauTV visited PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH in Müllendorf and reported how the bottle to bottle cycle looks in detail.
• More than 25,400 t of PET material recycled
• 9 % increase compared to 2017
• PET to PET Recycling Österreich GmbH as Best Practice of a functioning recycling economy for 12 years
• Collective call: Every PET bottle is a valuable raw material
• Increase of 7% compared to the first half of 2017
• Over 12,500 tonnes of PET material maintained in the resource cycle
• Burgenland Pet to Pet Recycling Austria GmbH as Best Practice of a functioning recycling economy
PET to PET Recycling Austria GmbH can look back on its most successful year so far: Thanks to sustainable investments and ongoing process optimization, the Austrian flagship company has set a new recycling record in its tenth year of existence. 23,300 tonnes of PET material and 930 million PET bottles could be fed back into the sustainable resource cycle. This represents an increase of 6 % over the previous year.